Chimneys are usually older masonry systems without an inner tube or multi wall systems with an inner tube made of ceramic or fire clay.
Systems with a retracted inner tube made of stainless steel or plastic (PP), connecting lines and double wall systems are referred to as exhaust system or chimney system.
Depending on the region, the chimney and exhaust system are also referred to as flue or stack.
Common chimney types:
• Brick chimney (only to be found in the old building)
• Brick chimney with inner tube made of stainless steel or plastic (after relining)
• Multi wall chimneys
• Lightweight chimneys with exhaust-carrying inner tube
• Double wall stainless steel chimney
• LAS chimneys / TWIN with separate ways for exhaust gas and supply air